How to Install a ROBLOX Studio Plugin
Note: these instructions are written for Windows. For Mac users, you will need to use a search engine to find instructions on how to install ROBLOX plugins.
This tutorial will teach you how to install a plugin that you have downloaded in the form of a .zip file.
- Download the desired plugin from the creator. Don't download any viruses!
- Open ROBLOX Studio. There's no need to open a place just yet.
- Click Tools > Open Plugins Folder, like this:
- A window pops up. This is your plugins folder. Any folders in this one that contain a .lua file are technically plugins and the .lua files will be run as such. Move the .zip file into the plugins folder.
- Now, using an unzipping program (like WinZip, WinRar or 7zip), unzip the .zip file contents into the plugins folder.
- The plugin contents (.lua files and images, etc) should be in a folder in the plugins folder. Move files around if this is not the case. You might need to make a new folder in the plugins folder for the plugin contents.
- If all goes as expected, the next place you open with ROBLOX Studio should have your plugin running!
If this tutorial is too difficult to follow, you can try this other tutorial on LuaLearners' forum, which was written by me as well. It also teaches you how to create, edit and distribute plugins too!
If you find yourself stuck, try searching on Google or searching on YouTube for more instructions. If all else fails, try asking a friend (or even me) who has worked with ROBLOX Studio plugins before. It is very easy to become familiar with them and once you learn how to do work with them, you won't run into any trouble anymore.