A much needed update to the Hunger Games is here! I’m kicking off my 2021 roadmap plans for the game with the part 1 of the UI Update. It’s a whole boatload of changes, with more on the way. Spectating is upgraded, disasters are working again, there’s new changes to prevent abuse, and an in-game news window. Read up, and good luck in the Arena, tributes!
- 🟢 New: Game interfaces now uses a unified and modern back-end. Updates will now be much easier. Absolutely nothing should look or feel any different, except that some windows won’t overlap.
- 🟢 New: Upgraded Spectate!
- More Info: Now shows name, health, hunger, thirst and kills.
- Fast Switching: While spectating, you can click tributes to switch between them.
- If the tribute is killed, you’ll spectate their killer automatically.
- If you are killed in-game, you will automatically spectate your killer until you respawn.
- 🟢 New: You can now read descriptions of most items in the Training Room! Uses the new ProximityPrompts and a new modal window.
- 🟢 New: Game News window! Find it in the Game Menu at the bottom left. It will also open automatically when you first join. It describes the latest game updates like this one in a blog-like format. Woot!
Quality of Life
- 🟢 New: When the Spoil Food disaster happens, you will now receive a message describing which of your items have spoiled (if any).
- 🟢 New: Consuming something that wasn’t healthy will display a message about it.
- 🟡 Change: Players no longer collide with each other. Tributes may still collide with each other while they are in the arena.
- 🟢 New: Tributes that have somehow escaped the arena will be placed back inside safely. For tributes that somehow got too high, they’ll no longer be killed.
- 🟢 New: Non-tributes that have somehow escaped the lobby will be placed back inside safely.
- 🟢 New: Under appropriate conditions, the game may restrict access to young accounts.
- 🟠 Fix: Traps work even if the trap placer leaves or dies.
- 🟠 Fix: Projectiles and trails always eventually disappear.
- 🟠 Fix: Bread is now consumed properly.
- 🟡 Change:
/profilecommands are a bit smarter at selecting players. Just a bit.
- 🟠 Fix: The following disasters now work as intended: flood, blizard, drought, spoil food
- 🟠 Fix: Melee weapons that can lunge won’t break unexpectedly under certain conditions.
- 🟠 Fix: The game won’t break if those spinny parts in the lobby suddenly disappear under mysterious circumstances.
- 🟣 Hotfix: Spectate wasn’t allowing non-tributes to spectate. It’s fixed in version 283 and higher.
To check if you’re playing on an updated server, go to Roblox Menu → Settings → Advanced and check the place version is greater than or equal to 283
This is just Part 1 of the UI Update as described on the game roadmap; there’s still more work to be done! Sponsoring, betting, and note-reading are all up next. There’s also more quality of life changes that didn’t make it into this part, but will come later. Stay tuned, and good luck!