Yet another batch of improvements to the game interfaces, this time focusing some of the oldest in the game! Additionally, there’s updates to melee weapons and gamemaker selection to make things more fair for all.
The good times keep rolling with lucky batch number three of the UI Update. Continuing from Part 2, this update brings changes to some of the game’s oldest and most untouched interfaces.
But as usual for these, it’s never just interfaces updates! Melee weapons have gotten faster, fairer and more fun. Selection of gamemakers is improved, too.
A much needed update to the Hunger Games is here! I’m kicking off my 2021 roadmap plans for the game with the part 1 of the UI Update. It’s a whole boatload of changes, with more on the way. Spectating is upgraded, disasters are working again, there’s new changes to prevent abuse, and an in-game news window. Read up, and good luck in the Arena, tributes!
In a previous post I described my goals for 2021 which included updates to one of my oldest works, the Hunger Games. Since then, I’ve decided exactly what’s getting in as well as the order these updates will be added. These are overarching themes for updates, not just the only prospective content. Behold, my tentative roadmap for the Hunger Games in 2021:
Apparently, I have a bit of a thing for living under a rock! The whole year of 2020 has really proven that I’m far too good at doing that. No surprise that the previous dreadful year did a number on my motivation to work on things. Although we may not be out of the woods with the pandemic yet, there’s a handful of things I’d like to cover regarding the state of my projects. In particular, here’s what I hope to accomplish in 2021 so this year turns out exceedingly excellent.
I wrote a function that will come in handy when printing tables in Lua. Normally, when you call print on a table, it is first tostring-ed into a memory address and looks something like table: 000002074CD2C070. How unhelpful! If only there was a better way…
I’ve created a function, repr, that works like Python’s repr. It returns a nice, printable representation of Lua values (strings, numbers, bools, and of course tables). It is designed with two goals in mind: (1) be as close as possible to a literal code representation and (2) be as useful as possible during debugging. Check it out at this GitHub repository, or keep reading this post!